independent tourists can visit japan

Independent tourists can visit Japan

Starting from September 7 even independent tourists can visit Japan. In order to do that, you will need to get a proper visa and a certificate for completion of registration to the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS). You need this document for a visa itself, for booking your tickets, your accommodation, etc in Japan.

A travel company in Japan is the one that can apply for this certificate for you. Once you applied, it takes about one week to process your request. When ERFS is issued, the travel company will send it to you. And when you receive it, you can send all the documents to the embassy.

When all your documents are approved, you will get your visa and you can come to Japan. You should know that this visa is valid only for 1 entry to Japan. Meaning once you left Japan, you will not be able to enter again even if your visa hasn’t expired yet.

Tokyo Furnished has collaborated with one of the travel agencies in Japan. If you have any questions or requests in regards ERFS certificate, you can send us an email with your specific needs. We will gladly help you connect with a trusted travel agency for better and quicker help.